Starter Mussels in Coconut Sauce
- 1kg mussels, scrubbed and debearded
- 2tbsp coconut oil
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 1inch ginger, grated
- 1/2 tsp ground turmac
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 600ml coconut milk
- 2 tbsp chopped coriander to garnish
Discard any mussels with broken shells or any that refuse to close when topped with knife.
Heat oil in a large wok, add onion and cook until golden. Add garlic and ginger and stir fry for 2mins.
Add cumin, coriander, turmeric and cook stirring constantly for further 2 minutes.
Stir in the coconut milk and bring to the boil, add mussels, cover and cook for 5miutes or until mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that remain closed, transfer to a large serving dish and sprinkle with coriander.
Main Butter Chicken
- 1 tbsp fennel seeds
- 4 tbsp madras curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves crushed
- 1 inch piece of fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
- 113g passata
- 142g live natural yogurt
- 2lb/908g skinless chicken thigh fillets, cut into large bite side peciec
- coconut oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 cardamom pods
- Salt & pepper
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 142ml/ 1/4 pint of gluten free stock
- live natural yogurt, chilli powder and handful of fresh chopped coriander leaves to garnish.
Dry-fry the funnel seeds and curry powder in a non-stick pan for 1-2mins transfer to a clean work surface and crush with a rolling pin until ground into powder.
Put the ground piece in a food processor with the garlic, ginger, passata and half the yogurt. blend until smooth. Transfer to a large clean bowl and add the chicken, Mix and cover and leave to marinate in the fridge for 12-24hours.
When ready to cook, place a large wok with melted coconut oil over a medium heat and fry the onion, cinnamon and cardamom pods. Stir fry for 6-8 minutes until the onion is soft.
Add the chicken mixture and cook, stirring frequently for 10mins, season well.
Stir in the tomatoes and stock and bring to the boil. reduce the heat to low and simmer, uncover for 40-45minutes, stirring occasionally. Divide curry between 4 bowls and drizzle over some Yogurt and chilli powered serve with garnish and coriander……